Serve custody papers to ex-husband in another Country

arolfhus

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello, I have a son from a previous marriage and I have joint custody with my son's dad. However, he moved permanently to Mexico over a year ago. He has not paid child support in this period nor has he had much contact with our son. I'd like to modify custody for sole custody but how can I serve notice to him if he's living in Mexico?

Hello, I have a son from a previous marriage and I have joint custody with my son's dad. However, he moved permanently to Mexico over a year ago. He has not paid child support in this period nor has he had much contact with our son. I'd like to modify custody for sole custody but how can I serve notice to him if he's living in Mexico?

Serving someone in another country as a party to a US based lawsuit is nearly impossible, and IF it gets done, very expensive.

Good news for you is that the dude has absconded, or been removed to Mexico already.

He hasn't made contact with you or the child in years, so you already have SOLE custody.

If you can't find him, he can't find you.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Don't expect the child support, ever, and just live your life free of drama and worry.

If you do choose to awaken the sleeping pitbull, I suspect you can imagine what will once agaoin take place, right?

Back