Separated

Saranp78

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hello, my question is that my husband and I are not legally separated but we are separated,and he was the bread winner he is on the lease with me and on my van loan as well . He was the one that paid the rent the van and I paid the other bills , now he refuses to pay anything at all and does not even pay child support.what do I do ? And is that legal for him when he is indeed on the lease and the loan ? He make about 70-80 k a year and I make maybe. 20 k a year . I have 6 mouths to feed he just has his. Our rent is 1,000 a month where he is paying nothing . I need advice I don't know what to do .

Hello, my question is that my husband and I are not legally separated but we are separated,and he was the bread winner he is on the lease with me and on my van loan as well . He was the one that paid the rent the van and I paid the other bills , now he refuses to pay anything at all and does not even pay child support.what do I do ? And is that legal for him when he is indeed on the lease and the loan ? He make about 70-80 k a year and I make maybe. 20 k a year . I have 6 mouths to feed he just has his. Our rent is 1,000 a month where he is paying nothing . I need advice I don't know what to do .

Today talk to a couple divorce lawyers and hire one.
There are legal ways a good divorce lawyer can get your husband to pay emergency child support, and maybe spousal support.

The message you need to hear is that the law can't do a darn thing to make him pay child support unless you begin divorce proceedings against him.

He's gone, he abandoned you and his children.

When men or women take that step, they're rarely coming back.

He's found something he believes is worth giving up his life with you.

So, all you can do is accept his choice, and make the deadbeat help you pay for the kids he conceived.

The divorce lawyer can also get him to honor his obligations on the lease.

If you do nothing, you'll solve nothing.

Good luck, take that first step to peace today, see a couple lawyers and divorce the bum.

If he comes crawling back begging you NOT to divorce him, tell him to talk to your lawyer, then end the conversation.

The law really does not care one bit about the source of the funds to pay and obligation, be it rent or a car note. If both names are on it, both will be held responsible if not paid. If you are the one living there, that means you will be the one evicted. It may ding his credit, but it won't affect him the same as it will you. How a married couple arranges their finances is beyond the care of the courts. Married parents do not pay support to one another for their joint children. If you aren't legally separated and do not have a legal document outlining his financial obligations, he doesn't owe you anything legally. Morally, is a different story.

He isn't legally obligated to pay child support - you're not divorced yet. Did he cosign on the loan or did you cosign? If he cosigned and you can't make payments, he has to pay it. If you cosigned and he doesn't pay it, you have to do it. If you're both on the loan and neither of you makes payments it affects you both. If you're both on the lease one of you has to make the payment. You're still married legally. Until you divorce, he's not obligated to do much of anything.

You need a lawyer. Bad. You are probably going to have to find a new place to live too.

Back