Seeking advice

Mitch84

Just wondering what I can do .. My sister is a drunk among other things she has 4 kids at home from 13 down 2 years apart her eldest son on 15 just moved in with his father bless him .the younger 4 however don't have the same father as he is a junkie. My sister and him are separated.i would take all 4 kids in a heartbeat if I could . My 11 year ok nephew has add and Aspergers sadly he still wets the bed and is made to sleep on a yoga mat on the floor. The language that gets thrown around the house is almost unbearable. My nephew is made to feel like it is his fault which it's not.. All my sister is interested in is getting drunk getting high and fucking younger boys and fighting others. These children deserve so much better . She will not sign them over and yes docs are involved although they are not interested in taking the kids just moving my sister and her kids elsewhere. I have 2 sons of my own 6&8 my partner is supportive of wanting to help in anyway. Please what can I do to help these kids especially my nephew who clearly needs help

Nothing you can do but stay out of her mess.

You can inform child services that you would like to foster the kids, other than nothing you can do legally.

Just wondering what I can do .. My sister is a drunk among other things she has 4 kids at home from 13 down 2 years apart her eldest son on 15 just moved in with his father bless him .the younger 4 however don't have the same father as he is a junkie. My sister and him are separated.i would take all 4 kids in a heartbeat if I could . My 11 year ok nephew has add and Aspergers sadly he still wets the bed and is made to sleep on a yoga mat on the floor. The language that gets thrown around the house is almost unbearable. My nephew is made to feel like it is his fault which it's not.. All my sister is interested in is getting drunk getting high and fucking younger boys and fighting others. These children deserve so much better . She will not sign them over and yes docs are involved although they are not interested in taking the kids just moving my sister and her kids elsewhere. I have 2 sons of my own 6&8 my partner is supportive of wanting to help in anyway. Please what can I do to help these kids especially my nephew who clearly needs help

I wish people would write coherently...

If you think anyone is being abused report it to CPS. That's all you can do. If child services is involved and hasn't taken the kids then there's nothing you can do. She can't just "sign over" her rights. Kids aren't property. Most judges will not allow a parent to just relinquish their parental rights. A stepparent adoption is about the only time that happens. They won't yank parental rights unless some serious crap is going on.

Some kids end up with crappy parents. That's just life. Legally you can't do anything about it.

Back