Searching Cuyahoga County Ohio Probate Court

IrishCossack

I would like to find out who is the administrator of an Estate in Cuyahoga County Ohio.

I tried searching with no results.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
(This site will not allow me to link since I have under 10 posts)

People often confuse regular court searches with probate court searches and use the wrong site.[/QUOTE]

I searched that site and the person did not show up. They do show up as the successor trustee when searching the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer Real Property Information.

Any idea why?

Thanks!

If someone is listed as the Successor Trustee for a property do they have any control over the estate? The will states that this person receives the property but not the rest of the estate.

If someone is listed as the Successor Trustee for a property do they have any control over the estate? The will states that this person receives the property but not the rest of the estate.

The property might have originally been part of a trust.
A successor trustee does control property and the other assets in said trust.

A successor trustee is named to step in and manage the trust when the trustee is no longer able to continue (usually due to incapacity or death).

Typically, several successor trustees are named in succession in case one or more cannot act.

The grantor (the person or entity who originally caused the trust to be created) could designate two or more adult children (or other persons) to act together.

The grantor could appoint a corporate trustee (bank or trust company).

The grantor could also have caused to be created a combination of the two (or more) examples cited above.

Here you go:

https://www.estateplanning.com/Duties-and-Responsibilities-of-a-Trustee/

Last edited:
If there was a will with assets to be distributed, possibly no one opened probate of the will.

Any trust, as noted above, would not go through probate.

A trust does not go through probate. It is designed to avoid it.

I never said a trust was probated.
I defined a successor trustee, which is not associated with a will.
I was attempting to steer the OP in a different direction.
Why?
Perhaps the OP was misinformed about the assets and their manner of conveyance and preservation?

Last edited:
First, Thanks for all of the responses!

I am unable to get access to the will since the person who has it will not let me in the home, the house I grew up in. This is the same person who is the successor trustee for the property. Can I become the administrator of the estate and will that help?

What would be the next step?

I am dealing with two younger dysfunctional siblings.

You can try, but the trustee can shot you out of the water if all the estates assets are trust assets.

AJ, you somehow thought I was responding to your post. I was not. I was making a clear statement to OP. Sorry if I made you think otherwise.

First, Thanks for all of the responses!

I am unable to get access to the will since the person who has it will not let me in the home, the house I grew up in. This is the same person who is the successor trustee for the property. Can I become the administrator of the estate and will that help?

What would be the next step?

I am dealing with two younger dysfunctional siblings.

If the assets are in a trust, it's almost impossible for anyone to be granted even a peek inside of the trust.
There might have been a will at one time.
However, from what you've revealed, the original testator somewhere along the one (obviously before his or her demise), caused a trust to be created, assets ensconced safely inside the trust, and appointed a successor trustee to take over upon his or her demise.

I suggest you meet with a couple estate lawyers. You'll normally be granted a 20 or 30 minute consultation at no charge. Many times a local attorney can tell you thins we can't.

I had to let the last lawyer go as the person was not aggressive enough. Trying to get some insight into the whole process. It is very involved since the trustee fights every move. It's one of those you can't even make this stuff up. It has been almost a year and nothing has been done by the current trustee and I am also a beneficiary in the trust.How would one go about replacing the trustee?

Back