School Dismissal

I have no idea, although I would think it is not illegal. However, what does 5 or 10 minutes really matter?

I doubt it but we don't have much information/details here.

The "answer" more or less to that is in OP's other (duplicate) thread - car riders 3:00, bus riders 3:05 & walkers 3:10.

I doubt there is any law prohibiting a school from dismissing the students in groups.

I suspect the real issue here is that the OP is a student in the group that leaves last and wants to force the school to let her leave earlier.

Agree that is probably the case even though it's only 10 min. difference. Doubt it is illegal.

Totally legal and happens in pretty much every school in America. School dismisses when the school deems that it does. Releasing walkers after buses and cars have cleared is a safety issue. Not only does it prevent accidents but by releasing students in groups, it is easier to keep tabs on them and results in less chaos as masses of children storm the doors.

A parent who wishes to remove their child earlier than the assigned dismissal time may do so by following the procedures the school has outlined for alternate dismissals. Bear in mind that you typically need a reason to do so beyond just wanting to get out 5 minutes earlier.

Out here a great many schools have alternating dismissal times. Some do it by grade level, others by bus schedules, still others use other criteria. Traffic and safety are most often the reasons for these time differences, and there is generally nothing at all unlawful about it.

Back