scandalous employees and employer

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxyroxxy01

This is my 2nd time working for the same employee. I work in a mall store retail setting. I am/was the assistant manager.

We hired an overly anxious backstabbing 3rd key which was suppose to be my assistant. The gossip hell began. My boss became very angry with me because of things that I was supposedly suppose to be saying.

The other girl and the manager conspired to get rid of me because I knew too much on them (drug use, getting paid for hours not worked).

I had called corporate on my boss a while back because of the stolen work hours and because she had hired her live in lover and was only working with them. I told corporate that if she finds out that I called that my hours were going to be cut or she would find some stupid reason to fire me.

Yesterday I went into work and was immediately called back into a meeting with a strange man that had came with my district manager. He stated that he was loss prevention control and that he was there to help me turn some things around. I assumed he was talking about the others. He then started talking about hidden cameras and how they also relied upon what others told them when things are being taken. He gave his background on criminal drug justice in MS and he made himself sound as if he was James Bond. But a friendly James Bond at first.

He then asked me what I had taken from the store. I was in shock. He said he was only trying to help me help myself. I was scared and shocked at the moment and I didn't know how to respond. He said it was all caught on tape and they already knew and I just needed to confess. I immediately went through my head and starting racking my brain to see what they could have perceived as theft. I told him I had ate some candy and had the wrappers and paid for them later. He then said did you forget to pay for them, I said no. Then he looked at me as if he knew something I didn't and I started second guessing myself.

He added up the prices of the candy on a piece of paper and asked what else. He asked if I ever gave a pair of shoes to anyone or took a pair of shoes. I said no. He again said: I am only here to help you. I can't help you if you aren't honest. I then started to panic again trying to figure out what he was talking about. I racked and racked my brain and told him that I cannot admit to something I did not do. He then asked if I took anything as far as shoes for myself. I said no. I showed him the thread bare shoes I had purchased a year ago from the store. I told him the only other shoes I had was on layaway and I had wore them around the store to try them out because they were the sketcher shape ups, and I wanted to make sure I could wear them. I wore them no longer than a customer would have if they were trying them on. He wrote that down on a piece of paper. He then said: Are you sure you never gave a pair of shoes away to a boyfriend or let people just walk out with shoes. I told him I have chased people out of the store that was stealing and that I would never do something like that. He rolled his eyes because I wouldn't confess to something I didn't do.

I had me write an apology letter to the company for the candy. Writing that I owe them $2.67. I also had me write an apology letter for wearing the shoes I had on layaway around the store.

When I knew I had been sold out: He then asked me if I had ever showed up on the clock drunk and high. I literally almost died. I said no. I told him that I do not smoke pot and I will submit to a drug test right now. He said that several other people had confirmed it. That's when I realized that they had me set up. He asked why would several people confirm it. I told him that I knew who told him that crap and that I had called corporate on the boss and so now she and the employee want to get rid of me. He looked at me like I was stupid and a liar. I asked him to give me a drug test right then. He told me that he wasn't asking for a drug test.

He then filled out paperwork on an unpaid suspension from my job. He told me he would take my letters and the results of what he had to the company and they would let me know the verdict in a week. He said the other employees would be told that I was working away for the district manager.

I know my manager. She has promised the other girl my job in exchange for this betrayal. I feel like I was placed in the backroom and was turned into a thief and I want to know what I can do. I want to at least make sure I get unemployment for this. This man turned my words and actions against me. I don't want to sue or anything I just would like to make sure my record stays clear and they cannot hinder me from getting another job.

I suggest you tell your story to the Director of Human Relations at the corporate office. If you can't do this on a face to face basis, then do it by phone from home. Do not use email.

Your employer can and may terminate your employment based upon the suspicion. If fired, you may still apply for unemployment and it will be determined by the Unemployment people if you get it or not.

Last edited:
Foxxy, you out foxed yourself.

You should never answer questions from anyone. Absent any law or legal requirement to say anything or answer questions, it is always advisable to never answer questions.

When anyone starts questioning you, it isn't to help you.

It is always to hurt you, screw you, scam you.

You should have said, I have nothing to say.

The result might have been the same.

But, you wouldn't be worrying about the next shoe dropping.

I have no legal advice that can help you, in regard to this situation.

Next time, all you ever have to say is, "No comment!"

Anytime someone wants to elicit a statement from you, they want a confession. A confession that will be used to do you legal harm.

Thank you both for your help. I really do appreciate your thoughts. I'm going to try to go at this from a medical stand point. I went to a doctor last night who knows I the stress I have been under and the stress I was under at this meeting. Hopefully with the unemployment office I would have a fighting chance medically. Opinions?

Thank you both for your help. I really do appreciate your thoughts. I'm going to try to go at this from a medical stand point. I went to a doctor last night who knows I the stress I have been under and the stress I was under at this meeting. Hopefully with the unemployment office I would have a fighting chance medically. Opinions?

If you use a medical excuse in trying to get unemployment, they'll deny you.

In order to get unemployment you have to make them believe that you are able to work and actively seeking work.

If you claim any illness, well you see what they would think, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back