SCAMMED when buying a dog- seller refuses to give money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittni31

I recently purchase a dog from who I thought was a woman in Ohio. I am from Michigan though. In an email talking about the dog the woman states that she offers a 48 hour health guarantee. I had the dog for a one night and then then half a day before it passed away. It turns out that it was actually two women in on the deal together and they had lied about everything from who the parents of the dog were and the shots it had been given. Now they refuse to give me back my money. Not only did I pay 250 for the dog but I paid atleast 80$ for gas to Ohio and back being from Michigan and 40$ to have the dog rightfully disposed of. All of it cause me lots of stess and emotional stress as well.

The totall amount of money they owe me is 250$.

I am just curious as to how I go about getting my money back in small claims?

Do I sue or what action do I take.
Do I have to do it in Ohio or where?

Can I sue for more.. like my driving bill and disposal of the dog?
I really would like some help on this.
I just don't want these people to get away with doing this to several people.

I would have to know all the details of the contract, especially the exact wordings of all conversation to make an evaluation (which cannot be done in this forum anyway), but from what you say it sounds as if this might have been a breach of an express warranty by the seller. It might also be considered delivery of a defective good. In both cases buyer would be entitled to damages including incidental damages. This would probably be a case for small claims court, but you would have to file the claim where the defendants live. Often the courts have a website explaining procedures in small claims court, so have a look if you can find that for the jurisdiction where the sellers live.

In NJ even if a seller says 48 hour guarantee our vet said that the law gives 7 days.
You might want to check out the laws for domestic animal sales in your state.
good luck - and I'm sorry.
RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back