salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

srewed

I have worked for a law firm for 5 years. 60 days ago they hired a new manager, replacing me. After 2 weeks with the company the new manager advised myself and a coworker that the company did not need 3 managers and what was it that individually we wanted to do. 2 weeks after that I was advised that a decision had been made and that I was being moved down, however my salary was not being touched. After 5 weeks now I am being told that my salay is 30% higher than everyone else doing the same job and that they want to cut my pay. I reponded that I believed this to be unfair and that I could not afford to accept that kind of pay cut. I was told that my choices were to accept it or quit. I advised that they should lay me off if they are not willing to pay me what my salary is.

This is not an across the board pay cut of all employees, and I feel that I am being targeted because my salary is higher than the others doing the same job.

Do I have any claim or right to any kinds of protection here?
Am I forced to accept the offer they make without any questions or can I refuse?

If I refuse, can I be fired, and if fired can I be denied unemployment benefits?

Any help on this tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back