Salary non exempt

Gary711

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I am classified salary non exempt. I am required to work 45 hours a week for my salary. If I work over 45 hours a week, I only get paid my regular hourly rate. No overtime pay. Ever.

I work in Michigan as a production supervisor. Our head quarters is in Alabama. They handle everything HR.

Is this legal?

The FLSA and Michigan overtime law requires that non-exempt employees receive overtime pay equal to 1.5 x their regular hourly pay for any hours worked over 40 in a week (overtime).

ONLY salaried employees whose primary job responsibilities involve "executive, administrative, or professional" duties and whose salaries are less than $23,660 per year – or $455 per week – must receive overtime pay.

Exempt employees are not legally required to receive overtime pay for working in excess of 40 hours per week in Michigan. In most cases, exempt workers are paid a salary and perform managerial and/or supervisory duties.

Hold your "hosses", Hoss.
Your MI Governor Whitmer and her pals are endeavoring to see that "All the time you work that your employer will pay you for that time!" See the 1st link below.

The skinny straight from your MI gubmint's bigshots:

Labor and Economic Opportunity - Overtime Rule

These sites offer excellent discussions/descriptions of nonexmpt/salaried EEs:

The Difference Between Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Employee

Michigan Labor Laws – Wage and Hour

That I you for your response and resources... but am I getting hosed lol?

Mate, if you work for a living, you're getting hosed. :D

Your MI Governor and her cohorts "claim" they are working on a solution that pays a person for every hour worked.

Truth be told, they'll steal a great deal of the EXTRA loot you bust your butt to earn.

That's what they do, steal from us and call it "taxes".

More is always LESS for us, and MORE for them!

Back