Run away

Herbaderb

What can a 16 year old be charged with for leaving home for three days without parents permission, if she does contact them an let them know she is safe and will be home soon?

A child is generally not going to be charged with a CRIME for being a runaway, but the people that aid and assist said child can be. Plus, being a reported runaway will result in an entry in a national database that can be discovered as part of a comprehensive background check later in life. Further, a child that runs away can eventually be deemed as incorrigible and MAYBE a motion can be brought by child services or others to place the child into state custody.

A lot of things MIGHT happen. What WILL happen will depend upon your specific circumstances and what your parents do when you take off.

WHY will you be running away? Who will you be taking off to rendezvous with for these three days?

im not "running away" I'm simply going to see some people quite a ways a way for a visit and then I am coming home. I'm just wondering what I could be charged with. If my parents were aware that I will be home soon can I still be called in as a runaway?.

im not "running away" I'm simply going to see some people quite a ways a way for a visit and then I am coming home. I'm just wondering what I could be charged with. If my parents were aware that I will be home soon can I still be called in as a runaway?.

Yes, you could. And probably will. And if the cops find you, they will likely drag you home ... and the people you are with may face potential criminal charges as well.

And if your parents have any sense of discipline about them, when you get back you'll be grounded, lose phone and computer privileges, and will have a myriad of other restrictions on your life that you will make you wish you had not made such an ill-considered move for at least the next 6 months. No bedroom door, a couple of changes of clothing, and being constantly accompanied places by mommy and daddy would be among the penalties my children would face if they pulled such a stunt when they were underage.

When you are 18 you can make all your own decisions. Until then, you do not have that luxury.

If your parents will not allow you to go/do not want you to go, it's best that you don't. You are a minor & need to obey your parents' wishes.

A minor going to visit people quite a ways away without the permission of her parents is running away. No matter how you spin it.

Back