Run away from home at 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unstableingenue

I am seventeen years and 3 months old. I want to get out of my mom's house quickly. I have not lived with her for 3 years because it was not stable because my step dad and I did not get along and it was verbally and physically abusive. I don't want to be here and I am so depressed I need to get out. I have people who will take care of me. What will happen to me legal wise is I ran away from Ohio to Tennessee until I am eighteen?

The age of majority in Ohio is 18 or graduation from high school, whichever comes first.

You said you have not lived with your Mom for 3 years - where have you been living?

Thanks.

I am seventeen years and 3 months old. I want to get out of my mom's house quickly. I have not lived with her for 3 years because it was not stable because my step dad and I did not get along and it was verbally and physically abusive. I don't want to be here and I am so depressed I need to get out. I have people who will take care of me. What will happen to me legal wise is I ran away from Ohio to Tennessee until I am eighteen?

You will only prolong your hated adolescence if you run. Stick it out for a few more months, and you'll be a genuine adult. You can go anywhere you wish, with whom you wish at age 18.

Of course, if your life is in danger, your health being harmed immediately call "911", or tell a teacher, nurse, physician, minister, or firefighter. They'll get you the help you require.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Since we do not have a crystal ball we can only tell you what CAN happen to you legally - we can't tell you what WILL happen.

What CAN happen is that the cops, or your parents, come after you and drag you back home. What CAN happen is that you end up in Juvie. What CAN happen is that the people you run to end up in jail.

WILL any of these things happen? No way to say. But any or all of them CAN.

I have lived with my dad, uncle, and my great aunt. I switched between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back