Reverse Alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny

Need some advice, My wife and I are getting ready to go through divorce, both for the second time, I am being pushed to sign legal papers from my wife without counsel or she is threatening to hire a attorney and saying I will have to pay support for our daughter, alimony and all legal fees. We have been married for just over a year. When we married I had just got through with a divorce of 17 years and assumed all the debts. I was not in a good financial situation to get married but she said she would give me a year since she had money and 4-5000 a month coming in from other child support from first husband. I should not agreed to this but I did. I have tried to pay my part the whole time but was refused by wife and said I can once I get on my feet. I was constantly bashed for not being a man and her having to do everything for me that we separated at least six times the first year. She bought a home and had me sign papers so I had no right to the house, had me taken off of checking accounts. Before we moved into new haouse she told me I was not going to be allowed to live there. After we moved in she took my house key from me and told me to leave. Since she has more money than me, more income than me, will she have to pay me alimony since I don't have a place to live, I don't get to be with my daughter everyday???

Don't sign anything. You desperately need to see an attorney. If you do not work or have any income, or a low income, chances are not very high you will be forced to pay legal fees. If she is working you can petition the courts to have her pay legal fees. You can also call legal aid for help to see if you qualify. They can help you if you do.

You 2 have a daughter together? Is she requesting custody?

If you give her custody then yes you will have to pay some sort of child support. It is based off your income or if you are currently not working, it will be based off what you are capable of making.

Stop listening to her. why do you put yourself through the torture of dealing with this woman?

After only a year marriage neither one of you should really leave the marriage with anything you did not come in it with. Even though the house is hers she does not get to throw you out on the street. You do not have to leave the house.

Let he know that you are not going to sign anything until you have it reviewd by an attorney.

Ask her if she is willing to go through court medition. You can ask for joint custody and be sure child visitation is specific.

Stop listening to her unreasonable demands.

Thanks

I will take your advice and seek counsel, I just have this feeling that she will run me and how I see my daughter if I do what she wants. I don't trust her....

You have equal rights to that child right now. She does not have more rights just because she is the mother. If you are the legal father and the baby was born during the marriage, paternity is automatically established.

Tell her she is going to have to negotiate. If she bought the house using her own funds you might want to let her have it, in turn you want joint 50/50 custody. An attorney can help you write up a parenting plan.

If you live in a community property state, technically you might have some claim to the house, even though you signed the deed. Let her know you will not fight her on the house but she is to give you joint custody and make sure visitation, holidays, birthdays, summer break, are all spelled out in the decree.

Good luck.

Father Rights Referral

Can you give me a good referance of a fathers rights attorney in LA area? Also our daughter is 9 months old and my wife insists that I have to see her at home and cannot take her out of the house for visitation. All I get is abused mentally and emotionally while trying to see my daughter. When we where together I could take her anywhere but know I can't because she is too young and my wife thinks she needs her mom. I think she just wants to control and abuse me. She has been on a bottle for 4 months. I love my daughter and used to get up 2-3 times a night to get her bottle and some nights my wife would not even know I got up and took care of her. I miss my time with my daughter.

Again you have the right to take that baby whenever you want. Look in the yellow pages and see what family law attorneys will give you a low cost or free consultation.

If you have proof that she is abusing alcohol and makes an unfit mother, even ask the attorney about your chances at custody. Honestly custody of an infant is hard to get on a fathers side, you have to prove the mother unfit. You could always ask for joint legal custody.

Has your wife officially filed for divorce yet?

Good luck, the sooner you act on this the better.

paying support

I have been paying $ 1,000.00 a month for support for the last 4 months while we are separated. Is this a good idea?? My wife requested this amount. I have also been paying $ 1,000.00 a month to her to repay her for a loan she gave me. Is this a good idea or should I wait till it gets put through the courts. I want to treat my daughter right and not with hold money to take care of her. I am seeking a good family lawyer. Need a few questions answered till then.

I probably would not pay that much in support right now, unless that amount is court ordered, especially if she is not letting you see the child.

Document everything. Any checks you send her be sure to write in the memo that it is for child support.

As far as the loan, if you agreed to pay her back then the amount you send her is up to you. It is kind of strange to loan your spouse money in a marriage. Everything is basically shared. If you were not seperated when the loan took place, it is really hard for her to claim it is a loan. Spouses share money all the time. again that is something you need to ask your attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back