reverse adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhorton

i adopted my grandchildren 8 yrs ago due to my daughter being on drugs. she has been clean for 5 yrs and has her life together. They stay with her a lot of the time. They draw s s from my husband. Can I give her joint legal custody and they still draw their soc security ?

i adopted my grandchildren 8 yrs ago due to my daughter being on drugs. she has been clean for 5 yrs and has her life together. They stay with her a lot of the time. They draw s s from my husband. Can I give her joint legal custody and they still draw their soc security ?

The social security will be deposited with the legal guardian.

You might want to consult a lawyer and a psychologist before making any decisions.

After adjusting to this change, it might not be in the best interests of the children to give mother anything more than informal visitation, at your convenience.

That joint custody stuff rarely works out as evidenced how former husbands and wives are always squabbling and fighting about this week or that, this holiday or that.

If I were in your position, I'd only allow her to visit the children under my supervision, and in a neutral place, not my home.

Drug addicts will always be addicts, and they rarely fail to disappoint those who love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back