Retaliation, Privacy breach etc... by Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabew8

My department manager that was recently hired divulged personal and confidential information about me with someone in our firm's biggest competitor's office, as well as to a mutual friend of ours outside of the company. I reported the instances 3 months ago. The office manager I reported them to chose not to do anything about my complaints. The situation became more hostile and my dept manager began to make things mandatory for only me, would use curse words towards me, single me out and make unprofessional comments towards me via email and out loud. After I submitted a complaint in writing they have engaged my dept manager in what they call 3 "serious" discussions. They told me after each of these discussions that they believe his behavior would cease. He has now begun to report false information to my COO about my attendance in order to reflect poorly on my performance. I believe he is doing this as retaliation against me for filing my complaints. An HR director told me that the best she can do is talk to him like she has done and hope that the behavior stops. I do not feel comfortable working for this guy any longer and do not trust him at all, but don't know what to do now. I am afraid I might be fired if they believe him over me and he continues to turn in false reports that I am not at work all of the times I am supposed to be. I don't know what to do now, as it seems HR/management will do nothing further. Anything helps...:confused:

Based on reading your post, it is unclear what "personal and confidential" information your supervisor divulged. As a practical matter, there is a great deal of information (e.g., your salary) your supervisor and/or your employer can disseminate about you which is not generally considered private under the law.

With respect to your supervisor's reprisals, there are at least two things you can do. One, you can continue to do your job well and watch your back. Do everything by the book. Keep a (private) diary of your work projects and related tasks. Be prepared to document when you were at work and what you accomplished.

Two, you can consult with a plaintiff-side employment law attorney. With counsel, you can explore whether your supervisor appears motivated by an unlawful consideration or considerations in taking these actions against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back