Retaliation because of Drivecam report

Turowj

Jurisdiction
California
On June 28, 2016 via email I complained to my immediate supervisor and included his supervisor about my drive cam actively recording me (female) while on duty not driving and in off duty/sleeper berth. I sent with my complaint the recorded video of my log status (qualcom) and a video of the camera actively recording me. They replied saying they were unable to view the video. Well in Aug I got tired of the camera recording me in the non moving statuses and no further help from the boss so I have the system something to record on Aug 19 I intentionally did a following to close. To which the company response was for me to watch the video and make a comment on Aug 22. That's when I find out there was another video from Aug 15 I believe. I explained the 15 and then for the occurrence on the 19 I have it to them double barreled about how the camera actively records for more than CA allowance of 30 seconds and how it's recording for a minute and thirty to two minutes. I asked them why it was recording at all while on duty not driving and/or off duty sleeper berth status. On Aug 26 I complained to safety dept and told them I have recordings of this activity from both my phone and my go pro camera. They blew me off again. What is my legal recourse here?
Oh! The best part my significant other works for the same company and has a drive cam that has only come on once when he activated it. He has had critical events and the camera does not come on during those events. I thought that's what the cameras were for critical events oh and by the way I have had NO critical events.

One more thing, I know the difference between passive recording (green light) and active recording (red light). What is described above is active recording. In one of my videos I demonstrate with the drive cam how the particular model I have works. I am not concerned with the passive recording. I am former army 35M. I understand surveillance.

If you are a member of any union, take your concerns to the applicable union official.

If you aren't a member of any union, discuss your concerns with a lawyer, your HR representative, or any other applicable official.

There's not much you can do on your own, as you're learning.

There's absolutely nothing an online discussion forum can do for you, as we don't represent people.

We simply discuss legal issues and concerns.

We are able to answer simple questions, but don't construe that as legal advice.

Back