Retaliation because I refused to indulge in sexual talk, jokes … by a VP

pmpkid1010

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I was working with a large company and relations with manager were professional. Then I was invited to an after office dinner with a VP from another group in which this VP talked nothing but about sex. After the dinner I told them that I can't be involved in such discussions and then retaliation by my manager started within 2-3 weeks after this dinner.

I believe that I was retaliated because I refused to go along in sexual talk, jokes … by a VP.

I was treated very badly for year and half, complained to HR, as well as office of associate relations but they didn't do anything, it was a sham.

I resigned from the company in Mar, 2017. I am in NJ, I want to know if statute of limitation for filing sexual harassment case is not over in NJ as I understand it's flexible in NJ and can be extended beyond 18months. Also looking for some lawyer's reference for handling such cases.

Also looking for some lawyer's reference for handling such cases.

There are many ways for a person to locate a lawyer, most of those ways are the same way one might find a pizza joint.

Contact your state Bar Association, your local Legal Aide or any law schools in your area for referrals.

Back