Resigned without say

Jess27

Jurisdiction
California
I work at Panera bread and just got an email saying there sorry I'm leaving and about me resigning but I haven't resigned nor have I heard from a manager about it. What can I do is this legit can they resign me with out my consent ?

If they were letting you go, it wouldn't be considered a resignation. Resignation is voluntary. Speak to your manager about it.

I was sent an email saying it was an exit I interview and it was saying how I resigned when. I didn't from what I thought I was still working there but I wasn't getting shifts.

How long has it been since you worked? How long have you worked there?
Have you discussed this with the company?

This isn't really a legal problem. They can let you go for many reasons. It is actually to your benefit that they call it a resignation.

I find it odd that you received an email and have not been contacted by a manager by other means before this. You need to discuss it with them. I suggest actually going in and speaking with the boss. Don't play email tag.

thats what i found odd how i wasnt contacted by a manager and well last time i was shedualed was 3 weeks ago but it was only one day for 3 hours and i had a last minute meeting with my daughters teacher and i had someone take my shift and i called and let the manager know a day in advanced and that is what i am going to do im going to go speak with my manager today regarding the email.

thats what i found odd how i wasnt contacted by a manager and well last time i was shedualed was 3 weeks ago but it was only one day for 3 hours and i had a last minute meeting with my daughters teacher and i had someone take my shift and i called and let the manager know a day in advanced and that is what i am going to do im going to go speak with my manager today regarding the email.

The employer may consider your three week absence as a voluntary, NO CALL, NO SHOW, and might be terminating you.

You can't hurt your position by calmly discussing the matter, at least you'll gather knowledge.

they didnt put me on the schedule so there for i was not a no call no show

No need to explain to me, an unknown to you Internet dummy.

I was simply trying to explain what could have occurred.

I know less about your business than you do.

Ii is not worth your valuable time responding to me.

If you are asking whether anything illegal has occurred, the answer is no, nothing illegal has occurred.

If you are asking why it says you have resigned when you did not, the answer is we have no idea. It might be a mistake, it might be something else.

The only way you are going to get an answer is by calling your employer and asking them.

What can I do

I'm quite sure you can do any number of things, including responding to the person who sent you the e-mail explaining that you didn't resign and don't intend to resign, as well as speaking with your direct supervisor. I would think that would be pretty obvious to anyone and would be the first thing anyone would do (certainly before posting on an internet message board).

is this legit

Define "legit." If you're asking whether the e-mail actually came from your employer, we obviously have no way of knowing.

can they resign me with out my consent ?

"Resigning" is something only an employee can do, but your employer obviously could fire you.

Back