Reported Fraud & Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossipgirl

I filed a sexual harassment complaint about 7 weeks ago. I was immediately retaliated against & bc I work on commission this is easily shown in the financials of both myself & the company. The appts booked for my office decreased by 71% & I feel the company was trying to force me to resign. I kept complaining about various retaliation & then I finally found written proof in the company's database where other employees were openly stating that they were making fake appts for my office. I made copies of all the companies sales logs & my office appt logs as well. With this new evidence I once again begged the company to investigate the retaliation. I told my direct supervisor that I would be filing an EEOC charge bc this matter was not being handled internally despite my repeated requests for an investigation. That evening at 1030pm I was sent an email & placed on suspension by the owner of the company who stated that she had been informed of my EEOC plans & would investigate. Instead she changed the locks to the business first thing the following morning at 8am. I was glad I had already made the copies I made therefore I had the evidence in my possession. They filled my position 2 days later, but did not inform me. they requested a meeting with me where they said they found no retaliation & would not answer my question when I asked about the specific evidence I had seen. they offered a severance for my resignation & I would be required to drop the EEOC complaint & sign a release of liability. Their severance offer is not even 2 weeks of pay & is completely unacceptable due to the fact that I have the evidence of the retaliation. While reviewing the sales logs for each of their offices, I found consumer fraud that involved making certain clients pay fees higher than our price sheet allowed. They received nothing more for the extra fees they paid bc our company involves a personal service & the highest membership is unlimited - so there is nothing more a consumer could receive for being charged thousands of extra dollars over our written prices. I contacted the state attorney general - told them what i found & offered to turn over the documents. I then emailed my employer & told them what i had found & told them I could see why they were so fiercely protecting their manager & allowing his retaliation bc they would have been fully aware of this consumer fraud with him. I told them I had already reported it to the appropriate investigative division & would be turning over the documents i had in my possession. I was terminated the following morning & the employer stated that i had broken a confidentiality agreement by going to the authorities. They demanded their papers back that day. the AG subpoenaed the documents that day from me. So my question is can a confidentiality agreement cover the reporting of fraud. And can u terminate someone for reporting fraud? Is it further retaliation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back