Repercussions from resigning after receiving corrective action

DelightfullyD

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I have received corrective action which resulted in 2 days without pay. However, I am planning to resign after the suspension period. Curious if there can be any serious consequences; such as firing; forced to quit; or loss of pay and forcing of paying any financial obligations (loans, insurance, etc.)?

None other than would happen with any other resignation. Your employer can accept your resignation immediately (which some people erroneously call a firing but which can possibly, depending on your state law, mean that you can collect unemployment); you are not due any pay for any time you did not work; any loans will come due under the terms of the loan agreement and your insurance will end as defined in the plan document.

I have received corrective action which resulted in 2 days without pay. However, I am planning to resign after the suspension period. Curious if there can be any serious consequences; such as firing; forced to quit; or loss of pay and forcing of paying any financial obligations (loans, insurance, etc.)?

If you have decided to quit, why wait until your "time out" has been lifted?

As to any repercussions, only you would know if you have signed any agreements allowing your employer to deduct educational/training expenses, uniforms, etc...

Other than something you have previously signed, I see nothing an employer could do financially to harm you, except withhold your final check.

The other harmful thing that could befall you is being denied UI. That decision, however, is solely within the purview of your state's agency that processes UI claims.

If an employee quits or resigns in NC: he or she must be paid in FULL by the next scheduled payday. (N.C. Gen. Stat. § 95.25.7.)

If you resign, you resign. It should be handled like any other resignation. However; if you resign, you most likely will not receive unemployment ins. You generally do not receive UI when you resign (quit). It's the state's decision whether you receive UI though. I can't tell from your post if you are planning on giving proper notice before resigning.

Back