Repaying Relocation Expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

awy63

I accepted a position with a large company that contracts with the US Army. Although very qualified for this position, adjustment issues related to my deployment to Iraq got in the way of me being able to function at the level I used to. After disclosing to my supervisor that I have PTSD she verbally told me she would make accommodations. Instead I received two Letters of Warning entirely based upon my symptoms. The work environment got tot he point that my symptoms are returning (I have been attending the local Vet Center since March). I resigned because of this and now I have been told I must repay $4658 relocation costs becaues I have not been here two years. There are other issues that arose both separate from and part of this issue. I worked here 8 weeks before they could figure out how to pay me....this is a company with over 40,000 employees world wide. I also had a day out because of one of my symptoms. Even though I had enough hours for the pay period my supervisor changed my time sheet to one day of Leave without Pay because I had not pre-authorized from her to use flex time. I have used flex time in the past and never received pre-authorization. HELP!
What might apply here, if any? Section 503 and/0or 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973; ADA; Disabled Veterans???? Do I have any recourse?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back