Relocated due to Transfer to new position with same company

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemarra

Thank you for assisting me.
I was told by management that in order for me to complete a transfer within the same company but to a different state, that I would have to resign from my current position first. So, I was in communication with management in California and I was told that my transfer was a done deal. So I relocated my family and my wife asked for a transfer for her job once mine was approved. Once we got to California, I continued to keep communication open with management in reference to what was going on. They would not respond back to my calls or emails right away. So I am waiting and waiting on a date to start work but I keep getting the run around. Finally I received a email from management referring me to send all future emails and calls to Human Resources. I was never told that I dint get the position. I contacted EEOC and was told that I have a case. I have an attorney , however, I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing. My family and I are out here and I have no job. I could have kept my job in Oklahoma City and my house and not been in debt. I have lost one of my cars, I am behind in my bills, including rent, and my house is up for foreclosure in OKC because it is not selling. Can you please advise me on what I should do? Thank you for your help.

The EEOC does not tell people who call on the phone that they "have a case". They tell you to file a complaint and they will investigate.

The EEOC handles discrimination issues. What protected characteristic of yours (age, race, gender, religion, etc.) are you claiming is the reason for this treatment (whatever it is)?

You may or may not have an argument for detrimental reliance; see an attorney. Nothing you have posted even intimates any prohibited discrimination has occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back