Relationships and contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guesting

The situation is as follows: Together with another person, I have been working on a side project. The project has grown to such an extend, that he is willing to turn it into an investment, set it up as a legal company and put me on contract to work on it. The contract has not been signed yet.

During the months leading up to this however, and *after* mention of the contract, we got considerable close to the point where it's basically a relationship.

Now the contract is finally ready and I'm set to have a look at it next week. When he told me this, it basically came down to the following: he does not want to risk being sued, so if I sign the contract, whatever we have going between us has to be dropped. The choice was mine.

Sexual harrasment laws and lawsuits are quite different where I come from, but I know that in some countries it's possible to provide extra legal documents that declare a pre-existing relationship, which protect either involved business partners or employer/employees from lawsuits, so both can be done.

I want to know how this would legally work in the USA? Is there a way to separate the two, so we can continue both our personal relationship and I can work for him, while abolishing/minimizing the risk for a lawsuit?

Thank you,

The situation is as follows: Together with another person, I have been working on a side project. The project has grown to such an extend, that he is willing to turn it into an investment, set it up as a legal company and put me on contract to work on it. The contract has not been signed yet.

During the months leading up to this however, and *after* mention of the contract, we got considerable close to the point where it's basically a relationship.

Now the contract is finally ready and I'm set to have a look at it next week. When he told me this, it basically came down to the following: he does not want to risk being sued, so if I sign the contract, whatever we have going between us has to be dropped. The choice was mine.

Sexual harrasment laws and lawsuits are quite different where I come from, but I know that in some countries it's possible to provide extra legal documents that declare a pre-existing relationship, which protect either involved business partners or employer/employees from lawsuits, so both can be done.

I want to know how this would legally work in the USA? Is there a way to separate the two, so we can continue both our personal relationship and I can work for him, while abolishing/minimizing the risk for a lawsuit?

Thank you,

You need to speak with a lawyer in your country (or countries).
There is no way you're going to receive FREE legal advice (worth anything) over the internet.
If you persist, you will get SCAMMED, or perhaps YOUR scam won't work properly.
Try CraigsList, I hear EVERYTHING goes on that site!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back