reimbursing overages

Status
Not open for further replies.

justincase

I work for a large corporation in Arizona which has some new policies regarding budgets:

1. Anyone going over their monthly budget must reimburse the company for the amount they went over. The budgets cover food, fuel and household supplies for group homes. There is an added complication in that our food vendor can modify grocery lists which has been known to cause overages beyond the control of the manager. The company is aware that this can happen but holds the manager responsible.

2. Anyone putting more than $70 of fuel in a company vehicle with a company gas card must repay the company for the overage (fuel is part of the overall monthly budget--our system does not have an auto cutoff at the pump). Also, if someone uses a higher octane of fuel than regular, they are required to repay the difference in price.

3. In a monthly budget, a manager can spend up to $75 for purchases from a vendor other than those authorized by the company with prior approval. If the manager exceeds $75 he must pay the overage back to the company.

I have doubts as to the legality of these policies, not to mention the ethical questions. Since I am expected by my company to enforce these policies, are they enforceable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back