Regaining Weekend Custody

Jeremy A.

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Right now I'm 2/3 into a pfa brought against me by an ex, for threatening her, after she was mean, nasty, controlling & bullying me, in a set of texts we exchanged in late June 2020. I've always had weekend custody, since this thing started, it's been every other. She brought something up in the pfa involving my son in Sep 2018 just to take half my custody away, but she did nothing about it in 2018. I already have a lawyer, but am wondering what I can do to get all of my weekend custody back after the pfa is over in January. She's a bully, a liar & a manipulator. And did nothing to earn my custody with my kids. I wanna get even & get my custody back legally. So what can I do?

I already have a lawyer,

Any questions, doubts, concerns you possess relating to your custody matter should be posed to your attorney of record.

You do yourself a grave disservice by posing your questions to strangers (even known confidantes).

Don't unnecessarily muddy your clouded waters, speak only to your attorney regarding any concerns you have about your current case at the bar.

There is nothing anyone unfamiliar with your case can do to help you, but there might be a great deal you can be told that could harm you.

You can start by stopping calling your Ex names. Then you can explain how she got a PFA started in 2018 for texts you sent in June of 2020.

Then you can call your lawyer.

Any questions, doubts, concerns you possess relating to your custody matter should be posed to your attorney of record.

You do yourself a grave disservice by posing your questions to strangers (even known confidantes).

Don't unnecessarily muddy your clouded waters, speak only to your attorney regarding any concerns you have about your current case at the bar.

There is nothing anyone unfamiliar with your case can do to help you, but there might be a great deal you can be told that could harm you.

I thought this was where one could get advice about their situation? To do so, what they're going through needs to be known & that's what I did.

I thought this was where one could get advice about their situation? To do so, what they're going through needs to be known & that's what I did.
You have an attorney - speak to your attorney. Your attorney has all the information in the matter and is much better suited to give you information than are a bunch of random internet strangers.

You can start by stopping calling your Ex names. Then you can explain how she got a PFA started in 2018 for texts you sent in June of 2020.

Then you can call your lawyer.

I didnt call her names, I stated what she was doing. She texted me out of the blue & started getting demanding. I did nothing to her before that.

PFA started in late Jun 2019 after an argument in texts which she initiated for no reason other than to bully me into giving her what she wanted & refused to make time up to me I'd have missed if I gave time up with my daughter which time was rightfully mine given the deal she made with me. Incident with son happened in Sep 2018 after his explosive attitude.

Right now I'm 2/3 into a pfa brought against me by an ex, for threatening her, after she was mean, nasty, controlling & bullying me, in a set of texts we exchanged in late June 2020. I've always had weekend custody, since this thing started, it's been every other. She brought something up in the pfa involving my son in Sep 2018 just to take half my custody away, but she did nothing about it in 2018. I already have a lawyer, but am wondering what I can do to get all of my weekend custody back after the pfa is over in January. She's a bully, a liar & a manipulator. And did nothing to earn my custody with my kids. I wanna get even & get my custody back legally. So what can I do?
What was it that occurred in Sept of 18?

You don't present well by using phrases like "I wanna get even". Stop thinking that way. One can not be a good parent and roll model to their child if they are consumed by thoughts of revenge.

PFA started in late Jun 2019 after an argument in texts which she initiated for no reason other than to bully me into giving her what she wanted & refused to make time up to me I'd have missed if I gave time up with my daughter which time was rightfully mine given the deal she made with me. Incident with son happened in Sep 2018 after his explosive attitude.
Define "incident", please. How old was your son at the time?

No matter what - for the protection of all involved, you need to find a different, monitored way to communicate with the mother of your child. There are several apps out there to facilitate communication between parents who can't get along.

1. I wouldn't post any identifying information (like your photo and name) when you have a custody case going on. All it takes is your ex to search and find this. And use it against you.

2. "I wanna get even..." That just, to me, says you don't care about your kids and you just want to hurt your ex. The priority is your kids. Not revenge. If your priority is revenge, your kids are better off not seeing you.

3. You have a lawyer I assume you're paying for - listen and talk to the lawyer you're PAYING for legal advice. No one on here is going to give better advice than the person with all the info on your case.

I didnt call her names, I stated what she was doing. She texted me out of the blue & started getting demanding. I did nothing to her before that.

"She's a bully, a liar & a manipulator. And did nothing to earn my custody with my kids. I wanna get even & get my custody back legally. So what can I do?"

You called her a bully & a liar and that you want "revenge." Maybe remember the things you type - I hope she finds this too.

I already have a lawyer, but am wondering what I can do to get all of my weekend custody back after the pfa is over in January.

That's an excellent question for your lawyer and a lousy question for anonymous strangers who have virtually no information about your or your situation.

She's a bully, a liar & a manipulator. And did nothing to earn my custody with my kids. I wanna get even

Notwithstanding what I wrote above, not engaging in juvenile name-calling or focusing on revenge would obviously be advisable.

I didnt call her names
Tell me where I called her names.

Ok:

an ex . . . was mean, nasty, controlling & bullying me

and

She's a bully, a liar & a manipulator.

If your ex were here, we'd probably give her similar comments because it sounds like both of you are focused on behaving negatively towards each other when your focus ought to be on raising your child property, and that ought to be the only priority.

Back