Recently seperated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelliebrents

I have recently seperated from my fiancee of three years. We had purchased a house together as well as many other substantial items in our relationship. What can I do to ensure that I get my share of this property. Also he forged my signature to a check and deposited it in his account. What do I do about that?

Please help!!!

Thanks

Shellie

Does the house even have any equity in it? Most houses are upside down. Also when did he deposit this check? Since you guys live together it is going to be very hard to prove he did not have your permission. What are you wanting to do? You can try to press charges but since you are doing this after you guys have broke up it sounds like revenge more than anything. You can sue him in small claims for the check amount.

Generally speaking unmarried people who choose to cohabitate have no marital property rights.

Unless your name is on the deed to the house, you can kiss any possessory rights or pecuniary gain, goodbye.

As to the check, if he forged your name on the check, you can pursue criminal charges. Contact your local police agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for this:

Hi,

In this case you should go for good lawyer.

He will suggest you the best.

Because you both shared the same.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back