receiving reimbursement from judgement

catness01

Hello,
I was ordered a reimbursement from my family law restraining order ..the other party is refusing to pay the reimbursement ordered by the judge for attorneys fees. Its been aprox 5 months.. Please advise the judge that issued the protection order is in a leave of absence

Hello,
I was ordered a reimbursement from my family law restraining order ..the other party is refusing to pay the reimbursement ordered by the judge for attorneys fees. Its been aprox 5 months.. Please advise the judge that issued the protection order is in a leave of absence

Yes, my inquisitive friend, you are slowly learning something new.
Do you recall the saying about leading a horse to water, but you can't make the horse drink.
Well, my friend, you could say the same thing about a judgment.
The judge or the jury says, VERDICT for the plaintiff, Roscoe against the defendant, Pluto.
Pluto owes Roscoe $8,000.
Now, here's the dirty, little secret.
Roscoe has himself a pretty piece of legal paper with a gold, embossed seal.
The $8,000 judgment isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and Roscoe isn't likely to collect eighty bucks of what he thought was to be eight-thousand bucks!!!
All that work, all that trouble,all that hope, ONLY to learn its another government scam.

You see, you now must try to find out where Pluto hides his stuff that isn't shielded from being levied against.
It rarely works out, friend.
It's very frustrating, and a judge away on sabbatical, holiday, or R &R; makes it all the more troubling.

Last edited:
The problem with a judgment is that you must be the one to collect on it. The court doesn't.

Back