Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday_Soprano

story is : I picked my friend up bacause due to law troubles he doesnt drive and has a bad record consisting of many felons and the eye of the law would see him as a gang banging, drug slinging killer. but i just know him as bobby i dont get involved in his buisness and try to stay out of it as much as possable... but I picked him up to take him from his house to our friend Michelles. We made it to the block of Oak Park and 16th and were going to make a left onto 17th to find parking. there was a cop in a new charger 1/2 way into the busy street. i stop and waved him on but he insisted on letting me pass. So I did. He proceeded to fallow me until we parked... then as soon as I was backing into a parking space (parall parking sucks) he flicked the lights on. The officers approched both windows and greeted bobby (because the knew him) with a smile. I asked , "Is there a problem officer?" he said yes your passanger wasnt wearing a seat belt. Can I have your licence and regestration please? I gave him the one i had in my car... he looked down at it and looked at me and smiled and laughed and said it was expired...(i had the new one at home on my dresser and didnt put it in my car yet.) Then he asked to search the vehicle and i asked why. He said because he had probable cause and i asked what it was and he said because of bobby. I said no. So they took me out of my car and searched my purse without my consent and made me place my hands on the hot hood of the running black charger. then they pulled bobby out and patted him down and made him do the same then my boyfriend dusty (who was in back) do it too.
Then they searched my car anyways EVEN THOUGH I SAID NO! We were all clean so there wasnt any issues. Then,when the other officer who wasnt ripping apart my car ran our names, I smoke so i really had a foul taste in my mouth so i leaned to the side of the hot car and spit. The cop said, even though he was on the grass on the otherside of the car, that spitting is a $360 ticket because i spray spit molicules in the wind and he could get covered in my spit.
The officer who searched the car illegally yanked the back seat of my car so hard that he broke it, and he broke my passanger seat when he slid it forward ... now it doesnt lock in place and slides around. But when he was done with that I asked for his badge number and he said, " dont worry it will be on the tickets im writing you." I asked what tickets and he said one for your passanger not having his seat belt on and one for your insurance. I asked why my passanger isnt gettin the ticket for that because I had mine on and so did Dustin. he said it was my duty as the driver to make sure all passangers have there seat belts on.
They finally let us go back into my car and sit. we waited 15 minutes for the cop to write the tickets. Then when he did give me the tickets the one for the seat belt had a M under sex that he changed to an F (you can see it on the ticket) and the officer said because i was driving on a ticket (for speeding 45 in a 25 ... i didnt have the money to pay it off and had gotten it a week prior to this event.) that i need $200 now or he was taking me to jail. he poked his head in my window and asked bobby do you have $200 he said no then he looked at dusty and asked him. He said no and thats extortion! Then the cop looked at me and said get out of the car your under arrest. Dustin said again,"He cant do that that is extortion and its illegal!" . Then the cop said ok you can come with me or drive between us to the station (there were magically 2 cars) so i drove and called my parents on the way.
When we got to the station Dustin said something to the cop and the cop said,"well theres plenty of more room in the Jail." I gave Dustin my phone and went in ... the cop brought me into the processing area and the officer said to the processing officer, "she hasnt been fully searched yet." the processing officer looked at him and asked if i was going to be bonded out or booked and he said bonded then the processing officer said, " then she doesnt have to be" that was it.
I would really love to stick it to thease bastards for treating me like I did something wronge when i didn't, illegally searching my car on false probable cause,Extortion and for anything else i can ... this officer is abusing his privlage to be an officer of the law! This all happened in Berwyn.... can I get some help??? My court date is on september 21st

As far as your court date coming up goes, you may want to get a public defender, and see if they can have this thrown out. One question - did they read you your rights? If not, that's more against them.

Aside from that, contact a good lawyer in your area, and file a lawsuit. The lawyer should not charge unless you win, and if you do, should take the fee as a percentage of your settlement.

no i was never read my rights but i also wasnt booked .... i was sat down in an interigation room that was used for juvinilles that was filthy.

Ever hear, sleep with dogs, you get fleas?

This is what happens when you don't care if your friend is a thug,etc.

I don't think the police did anything wrong. Plus, you couldn't even show him current proper ID.

If you want to hang around with idiot felons, you shold start practicing now how you'll act when police talk to you. It'll happen a lot.

story is : I picked my friend up bacause due to law troubles he doesnt drive and has a bad record consisting of many felons and the eye of the law would see him as a gang banging, drug slinging killer.
Do his law enforcement contacts and convictions reinforce that impression??

but i just know him as bobby i dont get involved in his buisness and try to stay out of it as much as possable.
Ah, so you just turn a blind eye to thugs and simply assist them.

You would likely be classified as an "associate" if your friend is affiliated with any criminal street gang.

The officers approched both windows and greeted bobby (because the knew him) with a smile.
A good officer always knows the infamous fellows in his beat area.

he looked down at it and looked at me and smiled and laughed and said it was expired...
What was expired - your license or the registration?

Then they searched my car anyways EVEN THOUGH I SAID NO!
Then if any evidence was discovered, you could seek to have it suppressed at trial if the officers could not articulate probable cause.

The problem is that "Bobby" is almost certainly on probation of parole, and he and anywhere he can reasonably access might also be subject to search. Your purse might have been a stretch, however. But, a search of the interior of the car within lunge range of where Bobby had been sitting would likely be just fine.

Are you or your boyfriend on probation or parole as well?

The officer who searched the car illegally yanked the back seat of my car so hard that he broke it, and he broke my passanger seat when he slid it forward ... now it doesnt lock in place and slides around.
You can make a claim to the agency for replacement/repair of the seat. Get a couple of estimates and submit these repair/replacement estimates to the agency along with a complaint concerning the officers' conduct.

I asked why my passanger isnt gettin the ticket for that because I had mine on and so did Dustin. he said it was my duty as the driver to make sure all passangers have there seat belts on.
Depending on the law in your unnamed state, he might have given you BOTH tickets for the seatbelt violation. The driver is responsible to make sure passengers are properly belted in. And, of course, you should have had valid proof of insurance.

Dustin said again,"He cant do that that is extortion and its illegal!" .
If your state requires or permits officers to collect fines or bail at the roadside for old tickets, then how is that extortion? It is no extortion to say, "Pay your fine or go to jail."

I would really love to stick it to thease bastards for treating me like I did something wronge when i didn't, illegally searching my car on false probable cause,Extortion and for anything else i can ... this officer is abusing his privlage to be an officer of the law! This all happened in Berwyn.... can I get some help??? My court date is on september 21st
Speak to an attorney for any defense against criminal allegations. You can also make a personnel complaint against the officers involved, and you can speak with an attorney concerning any possible claim of malfeasance against the officers involved.

However, rest assured that the officers will almost certainly have a different account of the events. And if your friend Bobby is a frequent flier in the criminal justice system, it is going to make all of you a wee bit suspect.

And just which Berwyn are you in? I found one in PA, IL, a Berwyn Heights in MD, and another Berwyn in Alberta, Canada!

- Carl

Again, let me add. . .Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You didn't have the right insurance/driver's license(hard to tell).

You committed what can count, in many jurisdictions, a misdeamor in Reckless Driving, 45 in a 25! WOW. and had yet to pay it.

Also, how were you able to see what the officer was doing? Where physically were you?

The car was so hot. . . putting hour hands on it hurt? hah hah hah hah, right!

my drivers licence was taken away from the first ticket ... the speeding one that occured a 4 days/ a week before this incident so i was driving on a ticket.... and my insurance was expired i had an old one and didnt put the new one in my car..... yes Berwyn and it was a 93 degree chicago day so yes black new charger on the car that was left running and was probably running was hot! and he didnt say the money was for bond until we got to the station ... he just asked every one in the car for the money then said ok then your going to jail .... he never said do you have 200 for her bond... it was," do you have $200? do you? do you?"

i have heard that but ... (he wasnt really a friend but my dealer i was on the way to get some bud.and got busted early. I cut him out of my life i think it was a set up. he is under watch by the feds and i think they might have made him a deal to let him off easy if he turns in his custys ) i know it sounds bad but its true and im not even going to lie about it

Talk to your attorney. Whether this sort of roadside collection for fines is common or allowed, I cannot say ... some states DO allow for such things. If this was an attempt to solicit a bribe, all I say is, "Wow!" What an idiot! However, I will wager that the cops version of the encounter will differ from yours and those of your friends'.

In the future, perhaps you should take a little more care in who you associate with. You hang with criminals, you are going to get swept up in the same net.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back