Rapist & child moleater

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pretty much I have to give up on my case sadly!

And the rapping issue their not that type of witness they didn't see it but they knew it happened right after it happened

And the rapping issue their not that type of witness they didn't see it but they knew it happened right after it happened

They legally don't know. They weren't witness to the act. They were only witness to what happened afterwards.

I'm not sure why you were told that it was "too late" - as CDW indicated, the statute of limitations would not have expired.

What it does sound like is that you made a complaint and there was no evidence and no other witnesses. We cannot jail someone based on someone else's word.

I didn't say that, only that it's tough. And, in cases such as this - which are serious - the authorities are unlikely to act and make an arrest solely on the uncorroborated word of a person on a 6-year-old (or older) crime.

You say you reported this when you were 18. How old are you NOW?

"Knowing" and proving are different issues. They did not witness the crime. How did these people KNOW it happened right after it did? How long ago did this happen? What were the ages of the involved parties?

Well that is exactly what they did tell
Me that it was too late that theirs nothing they can do about it now

My sisters rape happened 6 or 7 yrs ago
So what because their is no evidence he as always goes out free and she has to suffer mentally & physically

And like I said he's running free and who knows if he's doing it to someone else

Well that is exactly what they did tell
Me that it was too late that theirs nothing they can do about it now
You still haven't been clear on the timeframe. Are you still 18? Older?

Was their actual vaginal penetration? If, YES, then the timeframe has not expired.

But, even if the SOL has not passed, prosecution simply on your say-so is not going to happen.

My sisters rape happened 6 or 7 yrs ago
So what because their is no evidence he as always goes out free and she has to suffer mentally & physically
We live in a country of laws. We cannot simply incarcerate people without evidence! Or, would you appreciate going to jail for life because someone accused you of a crime even if there is no evidence?

And, again, how old was your sister, and how old was the perpetrator?

And she does NOT have to "suffer" physically and mentally. Though, I suspect the physical part is long overwith. She can certainly get help for the emotional part and I strongly encourage her to do so. And do not equate prosecution with either "closure" or becoming healthy as the court process can often do even more harm to the victim as it opens up the old wounds requiring them to live them again and again, and even to be subject to brutal cross-examination by the defense which might turn over stones the victim would otherwise not be turned. She can see to her health without the suspect being prosecuted - these are not mutually exclusive events.

And like I said he's running free and who knows if he's doing it to someone else
Tragic, but it happens a lot. We cannot simply put people in jail because of the accusation ... especially when a high percentage of sexual assault allegations are factually false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back