Raising spousal support

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdurden

I first got an order to pay 200.00 in addition to child support a few months ago..recently we went back to court over child support and her lawyer increased the amount of money i should have to pay for spousal support to 500 because she claims she lost hours - is that right?

I first got an order to pay 200.00 in addition to child support a few months ago..recently we went back to court over child support and her lawyer increased the amount of money i should have to pay for spousal support to 500 because she claims she lost hours - is that right?

It may not be "fair", but if its a court order, its legal!

You can, petition the court to to lower or eliminate this $200 increase.

You should have received notice about the hearing.

Her lawyer can't increase what you are ordered to pay.

All her lawyer can do is request a modification.

The judge orders the increase.

Did you somehow allow this to get by you?

That is most unfortunate, if that happened.

we were in court talking about child support and i noticed on the forms that the spousal support was increased and i questioned it on the spot. the judge said we cant talk about that because we were there for child support and he wasnt my lawyer..so nothing changed.

we were in court talking about child support and i noticed on the forms that the spousal support was increased and i questioned it on the spot. the judge said we cant talk about that because we were there for child support and he wasnt my lawyer..so nothing changed.

Man, oh man.

They see you as a SCREW, and they see themselves as SCREWDRIVERS!

You are getting shafted in so many ways, its unbelievable.

Talk to your attrorney but if her hours got cut she can go find another job. I would fight it. Or get more parenting time with your kids to offset childs upport a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back