racism in MI schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple_Pie

Racism in MI School Districts

I applied to a school district in mi and I placed my application on their website for the job as a substitute teacher. I received no reply. I later called the lady that is in charge of hiring the substitue teachers. She told me that she would review my application and get back to me within a day. I waited and still no answer. I called after a few days and asked her about it. She told me that she would review my application and that I would receive a call the next day,and still no answer. I waited for about a week and still no call. I called her and asked why again and was told that she was busy hiring teachers, and she forgot. She said she would look into my application. that was a week ago. I have yet to hear from her. I wondered if she looked into my application and saw that I was a minority, and that is the kind of people they don't hire in T district. I looked on their website and saw that the only pictures of teachers showed people who were White and not one minority. They didn't even have a minority as a support staff. I guess I got my answer. :eek: I didn't think it was like this nowadays with people claiming that we are hired based on merit nowadays. I wonder what are my rights? Do they have a right to do this? I am highly qualified teacher under the NCLB law. So they can't say I'm not qualified... Must be my color?:eek:

Just because all white people have positions at a certain school does not make that school or anyone racist.

And if they are not interested in your application does not make them racist.

I'm not saying racism does not exist, but your title "Racism in MI school district" is totally uncalled for and incorrect.

Give it up, that school is not interested in hiring you. Take the disappointment in being turned down for what it is instead of complaining "color." I think they call that playing the race card.

Just my opinion.

Where did you get the idea that they were obligated to hire you?

If you showed them the attitude that you've shown here, I wouldn't hire you either. And it would have nothing whatsoever to do with your color.

Racism exists..............But you don't have enough to prove any of your rights were violated due to your race. Some districts use very narrow guidelines in recruiting.....You might be too experience, over qualified, or lack some extracurricular aspects they are looking for. I think if she was racist, she would have told you they have recruited someone already………..instead of saying they will get to you. Just be patient and see how it goes. Who knows, you might get the job…………………There are probably lots of applicants and interviews for different positions not just what you applied for. If you don't get a call or interview, you could talk to her nicely later to find out what they were looking for and how to improve your chances in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back