1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Quit Claim Deed

Discussion in 'Division of Marital Property' started by Smileitsfree, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Smileitsfree

Smileitsfree Law Topic Starter New Member

I divorced in 2014 and provided my ex with a quit claim deeds to both properties we owned. On a secondary property that we owned, he did not file the quit claim deed for 2 years. When he finally did, he filed one of his own ( not the one I provided him with in 14) and it states that he paid me 10K dollars for my share of the home which he never did. I just found this out today. My signature is on the last page but I NEVER signed this document stating he gave me money. What, if any, course of action do I need to pursue?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

1: US Law Only

(OP's in Alabama - Mod did this)

2: How has this impacted you?

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Did you keep copies of the deeds that you did sign?

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You are a free human being.

No one in the USA can TELL another adult what to do.

That said, if you DESIRE real legal advice, hire yourself a lawyer.

Anything an anonymous adult or minor human being, or an online BOT posts in response to your queries won't be of much value to you before a court of law.

If someone has been cheated, conned, or scammed; most victims would report the matter to a law enforcement agency.

If the scam, con, or hoax has cost you money; hire a lawyer and seek your remedy in court.