Questions regarding possible divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebuckest

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Hello all,

long story short caught wife cheating a few months back and decided to see if we can work it out. However I'm not sure I can ever trust her completely again especially not with my families future finances. We were actually finally in a position where I could go after my dream of building family wealth thru real estate investments. However I don't want to push forward with acquiring properties with someone who could just take them.

I was the primary bread winner for the past 15 years she just started working full time the past ur where she met her bf lol at a job I got her. Just can't help but laugh at the irony. Our finances have always been shared but our current home was bought by me prior to marriage. I am aware she may be able to come after some of the equity so I'm sure I would have to pay something if she wanted to really fight for it.

is there a way to still chase my dreams without putting it all at risk of being taken in the end. Not ready to give up yet things aren't bad or anything but I don't think I could ever trust her like I used to so if there is no way to protect myself thru LLC or a trust or something then may as well divorce now and get it over with it will be cheaper. Thanks for any advice really appreciate it.

Thebuckest

Hello all,

long story short caught wife cheating a few months back and decided to see if we can work it out. However I'm not sure I can ever trust her completely again especially not with my families future finances. We were actually finally in a position where I could go after my dream of building family wealth thru real estate investments. However I don't want to push forward with acquiring properties with someone who could just take them.

I was the primary bread winner for the past 15 years she just started working full time the past ur where she met her bf lol at a job I got her. Just can't help but laugh at the irony. Our finances have always been shared but our current home was bought by me prior to marriage. I am aware she may be able to come after some of the equity so I'm sure I would have to pay something if she wanted to really fight for it.

is there a way to still chase my dreams without putting it all at risk of being taken in the end. Not ready to give up yet things aren't bad or anything but I don't think I could ever trust her like I used to so if there is no way to protect myself thru LLC or a trust or something then may as well divorce now and get it over with it will be cheaper. Thanks for any advice really appreciate it.

Thebuckest

Are there children involved? If so, how old are they? Is your wife able so support herself on her income...is the job well paying?

Be aware that your wife will get an equitable portion of the assists,( property/pension plan. )

We have one child 14 yrs old the only reason I'm here lol. I'll trade everything not to loose a day with him I figure I only got couple more years with him before he's full teenager and barely see him.

Yes she works makes pretty much what I do and will have a pension like me maybe not as large now but will be in the future. So I'm pretty sure I can keep her off of that although I'm not overly concerned with that I'd be I'll cash out prior to divorce and spend the money before I'll let her take lol. And I am aware she may get some of the equity in the house especially since I've done considerable upgrades by myself I'll add just throw salt in the wound. However I will most likely rent the house that was the plan all along considered offering letting her keep it as long as she pays for it and I'll just use it as leverage for cash to continued to buy improve and rent or flip other properties. She may go for that considering she has terrible credit and won't be able to just Move on so easily.
Looking for a path that allows us to stay together and continue to work on our marriage while I also pursue my ambitions. It may not be possible without divorce from the research I've gathered so far. I know I will need a lawyer just the type that likes to know what I'm doing before I do it so I research everything then execute. It's how I've built everything lol. Thank you for you advice it is appreciated

Looking for a path that allows us to stay together and continue to work on our marriage while I also pursue my ambitions.

If you're looking for a path to reconciliation of your marriage, then you aren't looking at a divorce.

You could speak to a marriage counselor.

Heck, you could even speak to a couple of local divorce attorneys.

There is very little useful information you can receive from any internet discussion site, that isn't available to you by using most any search engine.

Good luck.

If you're looking for a path to reconciliation of your marriage, then you aren't looking at a divorce.

You could speak to a marriage counselor.

Heck, you could even speak to a couple of local divorce attorneys.

There is very little useful information you can receive from any internet discussion site, that isn't available to you by using most any search engine.

Good luck.
Good points but I'm in the stage of just seeing if it's something I can even get over and not sure any counseling is going to help one way or another. And u are correct the internet is a very useful resource hence why I am posting on here looking for direction as if I should be looking into a post nup or some other option beside divorce. Right now from what I gather post nups aren't to strong and she will get her share regardless guess I'll just have to check with a local attorney ty for your time.
You won't be laughing when the court tears you a new one by wringing money out of you in some other way, even if it's monthly payments out of your pay.
Don't see how that would be achieved as she makes the same amount I do and like I said I know she may get some of the equity in the home the cars split. If anything my son would live with me he is much closer to me and would need my help with school help she can't provide.

is there a way to still chase my dreams without putting it all at risk of being taken in the end.

This is a phenomenally vague question, but it probably suffices to say that anything you acquire during the marriage using marital assets is likely to be deemed marital property that is subject to division in a divorce.

Consult with a local divorce attorney ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back