Question regarding mother suing my place of employment

Austin Schenker

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I have a friend who is about to start working at a rehabilitation center and She has a contract with them that had them pay for her school and She has to give them 500 hours. The issue is her mom had stayed here for a while about a year back and she now has a malpractice suit against them and she has not disclosed this to them and is about to start work. Will this be an issue regarding her employment? Could they fire her for not disclosing this? I have told her to look into it and she has yet to do so... she is a close friend of mine and I've decided to take it upon myself to inquire about this because I do not want to see her lose something she has worked so hard for. Thank you for your time.

Can she be fired?

Yes, anyone can be fired, or is free to quit who works in an "at will" state.

That said, if she is fired, the employer wouldn't be stupid enough to do it for the reason you fear.

Have you considered the fact that the future employer MIGHT be hiring her for the very reason you fear?

There is an old saying about keeping your enemies close, as in near to you.

Frankly I doubt one ting has anything to do with the other.

Anyway what does an anonymous responder know about the situation?

I am just speculating without the ability to predict the future.

I do not want to see her lose something she has worked so hard for.

Whether or not she can be fired because of her mother's lawsuit depends ENTIRELY on the terms and conditions of her contract.

You've written:

She has a contract with them

You're wasting your time on the internet because it's her contract that has to be studied to determine under what conditions or causes she can be fired.

Back