Question about a Layoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAlison

Hello,

My company recently laid off two pregnant women(included myself) and a another co-worker who recently broken his leg. Our insurance renewal is coming up within the next week or so and they wanted to "downsize" the monthly insurance bill. Which has been in discussion for a about three months now. The partners of our company just found out about two weeks ago that the two of us were pregnant(we are about the same in term). Our other co-worker who has broke his leg has had to get several surgeries done including some due in the beginning of June. They just told the three of us at the end of the work shift today that we were being laid off. I live in TN and our Company has under 15 employees. I understand that there are economic issues at the moment. But can they lay off three employees just because they want a cheaper insurance bill? If it was just me by myself I might feel that well they are going through hard times..it happens. But the only three in the office that need serious insurance coverage with our renewal just around the corner? A little obvious don't you think. Can anything be done?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back