Punitive Damages against a State

FBWTLaw

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
I'm prosecuting a federal Whistleblower action Pro Se against a Texas state agency charged with regulation of Oil and Gas Drilling and Production Operations in the state. This agency has been designated and / or delegated to regulate and / or enforce the EPA regulations under the Clean Water Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act. The reasons that the agency has presented for the retaliation against me have been the actions that I took, the complaints that I made and the issues that I repeatedly raised about contamination and potential contamination of water being allowed. We have completed the oral arguments in this case and the judge has ordered both parties to submit briefs on whether punitive damages can be awarded against a State from a Federal Court.
If anyone has any information; on case law, on this subject of Punitive Damages being awarded against a State in a Federal Court; based on violation of Federal Law, I would appreciate that information.

What you are asking is well beyond the scope of a message board. Googling the topic will give you many links to relevant cases though I strongly suggest working with counsel or becoming well acquainted with a law library.

Back