Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Public Safety, Realignment Bill AB 109

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

Please i plain english ca someone tell me what procedure the supervisig agancy must follow in order to arrest someone in this program and violate them with out any warning or hearing or any docs filed with the court system. This is not Parol nor is it Formal probation. My uderstanding is that its is somewhere in the middle. But im also under the impression that they must first file a certia document with the court in order to pull someone of the streets. I am also under the impression that the detainee is suspose to be in court within 5 days of their being picked up. He has yet to see the inside of a court room and has yet to lay eyes on the necessary "Petion for Revocation of Community Supervision (form CR-300) We live in Madera California if that helps any. Thank You for helpig me out with this Im sure that alot of folks like myself who have loved ones that have been or will be affected by this appreciate your time.

Good luck ... this program is an ill-conceived mess that has confounded probation officers, courts, and even the police. Funding is sparse and may not exist into the next fiscal year, and the procedures are obfuscated in paperwork that has made the system a bizarre mess.

Check with your county's probation office. They may have some information for you since they will be the ones generally responsible for violating offenders that fall under this legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back