project manger edit our time sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

justwant2no

i work for a company that we do lots of travel since i have started we was getting paid from the time i leave my house to the time i get back to my house. they have it outline as such if you travel 1hour or less you get full pay if you travel more than 1 hour you get half pay so say you make 10 an hour if you travel more than an hour you only get 5 an hour. well i get my paycheck stub and i see that my drive time hours are not the same as what i turned in say i travel 1 hour to the first job and then work 8 hours and then drive 1 hour home my total hours for the day would be 10 hours. so my question is can our pm edit our time sheet and take all of our drive time away to and from and in-between jobs site with out any notice or saying anything to the guys working in the field ? cause there are days that we will have to visit 5 to 6 different sites

I will assume from the above that you are a non-exempt employee. The answer is different if this assumption is wrong.

As far as the law is concerned, the time from your house to the first stop of the day, and the time from the last stop of the day to your home, is NOT compensable time and you do not have to be paid anything at all for it. You DO have to be paid for the time between the stops during the day. Anything beyond that I'd need to know what state you are in.

Why don't you discuss your concerns with your PM, human resource representative, or manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back