Professional Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

legapolie

Where can I look to find the legal rules and regulations pertaining to customer service of a professional business? The reason I ask because, I recently had my car painted, and the manager/owner did not have any customer service skills, he was actually nasty. I did file a complaint with the BBB and in doing so, I found out that this company has an unsatisfactory record with BBB due to two other complaints with no reply, which means, the company apparently ignore the complaints and continue to be nasty. Does a company have a legal obligation to treat customers with business etiquette?

legapolie said:
Where can I look to find the legal rules and regulations pertaining to customer service of a professional business? The reason I ask because, I recently had my car painted, and the manager/owner did not have any customer service skills, he was actually nasty. I did file a complaint with the BBB and in doing so, I found out that this company has an unsatisfactory record with BBB due to two other complaints with no reply, which means, the company apparently ignore the complaints and continue to be nasty. Does a company have a legal obligation to treat customers with business etiquette?

Being nasty isn't a crime although it can be an impediment to making money and running a successful business. If you feel that the nastiness rose to a level of danger to you, for example "assault" then that is another story. What happened exactly?

There are not any laws against bad customer service. Although maybe they should put a few laws on the books for bad customers. It would be nice to see one of those nasty ladys in line at a retail store just yelling at a poor cashier get tackled and arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back