problems with my boss..please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent_Adam

Hi, My name is Brent Adam and I am an aircraft mechanic. We had a plane come in for maint. and before we started on it we noticed a panel missing from the nose jack point. we noticed this during a COURTESY WALK AROUND. This walk around is done to see if there is anything missing, damaged, or something is just not right and needs to be addressed to a lead mechanic or a manager. One other mechanic filled out the walk around and we did address this missing panel to who we needed to at that time and I also NOTED IT IN THE WALK AROUND (TWO DIFFERENT HAND WRITTINGS. We looked all over for this panel and could not find it. Our policy is to put this type of panel in a bag and tape ti to the side of the aircraft in plane site so we don't foget it. This panel was no where to be found.We completed the maint. needed and relied on those people who were notified of this missing panel would take care of the matter. An Inspector released this aircraft back into service as safe to fly.

A few weeks later the Aircraft returned for maint. and another Mechanic noticed fan damage in the left engine. They found a panel they seem to think was the missing panel from the prev. visit in the engine.
Now.. We did not look into the engine on the previous maint. visit so we could not say there was damage at that time and the customer never knew this damage was even there untill my company told them on this visit.

FIRST CONCERN: THE GENERAL MANAGER TOOK THE PEVIOUS WORK ORDER AND READ THROUGH IT AND FOUND THE WALK AROUND DOC THAT I MENTIONED. THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT HAND WRITTINGS ON IT, BUT THIS IS NOT BAD, WE ARE TOLD TO WRITE OUR FINDINGS DOWN BEFORE MAINT. IS PERFORMED. HE TOOK IT UPON HIM SELF TO MAKE COPIES OF THIS DOC. AND ON ONE OF THE COPIES HE WHITED OUT MY FINDING OF THE PANEL MISSING AND USED THIS AS THE ORIGINAL (AFTER MAKING IT LOOK LIKE HE DID NOT WHITE IT OUT--MADE ANOTHER COPY). THE WAY HE DID THIS IS DURING THE INTERROGATION OF ALL THE MECHANICS WHO WORKED ON THIS PLANE AT THAT TIME WAS ASKING WHO'S HANDWRITTING THIS WAS. WHEN I GOT IN THERE I TOLD HIM "THAT WAS MY HANDWRITTING AND I GUESS WE ARE GOOD NOW SINCE I DID THE RIGHT THING." HE REPLIED WITH THE COPY HE MADE WITH OUT MY WRITTING AS BEING THE ORIGINAL AND WHAT DO I THINK OF THAT. I TOLD HIM WHAT I THOUGHT OF HIM.

Small amount of time passed and they found out that the plane was in our facility previous to us working on it and had a task that constitutes jacking up the nose of the aircraft (REMOVING THIS PANEL). Before our new policy for this panel (taping it to the side of the aircraft) we all left one screw in it and swung it to the side for the jack to fit under the nose area. If this old procedure was done and the panel would only have one screw in it, it would fly off and into the engine during flight. An Inspector may have missed this on their final release for flight.

The General manager said we are the only ones who do their maint., but I found out we are not and have proof.

The company has now involved HR (human resources) in an investigation and I feel the mechanics (my group) who found the panel missing are being singled out and MYSELF EVEN MORE. The Investigator is not even calling in those who worked on the aircraft before and the other repair stations who have worked on as well. THIS IS NOT RIGHT..
I HAVE MENTIONED THE WALK AROUND DOC. FRAUD INVOLVING THE GENERAL MANAGER TO THE INVESTIGATOR AND I FEEL NOTHING IS GOING TO BE DONE. IT IS ILLEGAL TO COMIMT FRAUD AND REMEMBER, WITH AIRCRAFT ALL DOCS ARE LEGAL AND YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE FAA.
I FEEL MY JOB IS AT RISK FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT DO AND FOR SOMETHING I DID THAT IS RIGHT..

PLEASE ADVISE
BRENT ADAM
H.LREALESTATE365@YAHOO.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back