Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Probation violation concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

I recently came to stay with my mom in Oklahoma. I was working at a restaurant and got cited for serving alcohol to a minor, which is a felony and no liquor liscence, which is a misdemeanor. I am currently on felony probation in Texas. What is going to happen? Will I go to prison for this?

Prison? No.
A tiny bit of jail time? Maybe.
An offense like this is more likely to leave you with expensive fines. I wouldn't expect you to get any jail time unless there is something particular about your probation status that makes this more significant.

I would report it to your probation officer right away lol i would of called them before leaving state but its been done so your only option is to let them know asap!!! See what they say about it

You should ask for a court appointed attorney.
Then speak about this matter only with that attorney.
Depending upon your probation status (deferred or straight), you will have legal issue with the authorities in Texas. When they move to revoke your probation, or move to adjudicate your guilt, ask for a lawyer.
In the meantime, a very big storm is brewing over your head.
Dd your PO in Texas give you WRITTEN permission to relocate to Oklahoma?

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I got permission from Texas to be in Oklahoma. My probation in Texas is not deferred it's straight, so praying I'm reinstated on it

Have you reported the arrest to your Texas PO?
What's happening with Texas?
Was it a felony or a misdemeanor conviction in Texas?
Do you have prior felony convictions?
You have a two part problem.
Get your affairs in order,just in case.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I was reporting up here in Oklahoma because my probation was transferred as interstate because I'm having to stay with my mom. The PO here said she is going to have to report it to Texas. So I'm assuming that I will end up having a probation violation warrant in Texas, to where I will go turn myself in so I can have a hearing with the judge to hopefully be put back on probation. The Texas probation is straight felony probation.

I was reporting up here in Oklahoma because my probation was transferred as interstate because I'm having to stay with my mom. The PO here said she is going to have to report it to Texas. So I'm assuming that I will end up having a probation violation warrant in Texas, to where I will go turn myself in so I can have a hearing with the judge to hopefully be put back on probation. The Texas probation is straight felony probation.

I suggest that you make no further statement or admissions until you have retained (or had the court appoint) a lawyer.
Speak only with that lawyer, and wait.
Time and silence are your friends, as will that new lawyer.
If you stay out of trouble, you may get through this.
But, its doubtful that you will be allowed to return to OK, assuming you are not revoked.
The bad news is that Texas prisons are no longer over crowded.
In the meantime, get your employer, responsible people, or respected people to write letters of recommendation to you.
Compile the letters, let mom keep originals, and you take copies back to Texas for your hearing.
It could take 60-90 days until your case is heard.
You are entitled to bond, so you might want to have someone help you get the bond lined up, so you get sprung legally pretty quickly, if they do take you back to Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back