Pro Se Divorce paperwork nightmare!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleymay

OK, so to get this short as possible, my ex like most is a nightmare. We have dealt with mental health issues, suicide attempts, drinking/drug problems, legal issues, the whole thing has been a mess. I left him in November 2008, and was unable to immediatly file for divorce due to financial issues and his mental health issues. In this time period I met someone else (after the seperation). I started the divorce process finally in June of 2009. When we went before a judge in August, I was pregnant, so the divorce was dropped because I guess a woman is not considered stable enough to make major decisions while pregnant even if it wasn't his child, that was in Kansas.

Now I live in Missouri, and I have filed a divorce pro se since I lost my job for going on maternity leave and have no extra cash. They have forms that you can fill out that make the messy process a little easier. The problem is that the paperwork doesn't exactly fit our situation. I am still with my boyfriend (baby's father). If we weren't together, the paperwork would work. But because we are together we need to modify the paperwork so that the legal terms are there. The court clerk was really nice and told me that I needed to go to the law library and find the terms to cut and paste and add to the paperwork that we are using. The problem is that I have no clue what I am supposed to be looking for when I get to the library. I have a new court date in 1 month, and I need to set an appointment with the court clerk in 2 weeks so she can make sure my paperwork is correct.

SO HELP!!!! Please.......

It will not let me post a link to the webpage I got my paperwork from because I do not have enough points? Not sure. But I can maybe message someone that link if it would be helpful. It is the Missouri Self Reperesent website and the "Mother's Petition for Declaration of Paternity for Self-Represented Litigants". Thanks in adavance for any help.

No one responded to you so I will give you the minimal advice I can.

If you are struggling financially and want to get the divorce done (been there, done that, don't blame ya), I am sure there is some type of legal aid service that can help you at no charge. Obviously, you would have to apply for their help because those services only help those in need, which shouldn't be a problem for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back