Privacy laws

Hotelangel

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VadYTqwTFZ73Dx5G9'

VadYTqwTFZ73Dx5G9

To those willing to help, I'm living in a hotel that should be condemned,leaking roof, mold, mice, etc, and now received a written notification from hotel maintenance man( paid under table) that they will be checking rooms more than once a week. I kept a copy of what he was reading but can't figure out how to post it on here. Last week the same hotel tried to scam a federal funded program and the company doing said program pulled out saying this building should be condemned,the police that came also said this. Anyway, I'll try to post notice again,I hope it works.
Thank you,
Tenant
You may have to zoom in on image
Thank you in advance for help.

IMG_20240120_163734962.jpg

So there isn't a privacy law for long term guests?

It's not a matter of privacy.

The property owner has a right to inspect the rooms with proper notice, which you have been given.

As for the condition of the rooms has anybody called the health department and/or city code department?

It's not a matter of privacy.

The property owner has a right to inspect the rooms with proper notice, which you have been given.

As for the condition of the rooms has anybody called the health department and/or city code department?
Everyone that has called got kicked out and put on the do not rent list

That is horrifyingly despicable.

I'd IMMEDIATELY report those filthy, uncivilized, ignoramuses to the city, state, and county health agencies!!!
It gets worse,I just showed the first few pics, there are also raw sewage violations,and rooms that leak due to bad roof. I am going to get as many more pics as possible. Ps. 2 rooms have live mushrooms growing in them.
The police were here last week because the owner was trying to scam a federal heating program, needless to say ,the heat program pulled the plug and the police said they cannot believe the place wasn't condemned. I will try to figure out which agencies to call but want even more evidence first,and a place to move to,or else I'd be homeless.

Everyone that has called got kicked out and put on the do not rent list

While you still have time to find somewhere else to live, I suggest you make good use of it.

Rather than spending your time fighting a losing battle, that will most likely take months to accomplish, find a new place to live. If you succeed in getting the authorities to condemn the place or order repairs, you're likely to have to move out anyway.

Last edited:
While you still have time to find somewhere else to live, I suggest you make good use of it.

Rather than spending your time fighting a losing battle, that will most likely take months to accomplish, find a new place to live. If you succeed in getting the authorities to condemn the place or order repairs, you're likely to have to move out anyway.
True

Back