Previous Employer spreading lies, effecting current job search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbcooley

Owner of company, and his regional manager told employees that my fiance and I were 'drug addicts'. We have several individuals who were told this as well as other negative things. Individuals are willing to testify that owner did this on several occasions. I was also unable to secure work for over a year, even with my BA and many years of management experience. Each job prospect ended as soon as they called previous owner. Some prospects even went to multiple interviews and then a call to last job and then no return calls or anything. I am convinced the comments to others and the potentially negative references significantly increased the time i was unemployed.

No one cares. No one will care. You can discuss this with a lawyer and see what options might be available to you. You'll have to PROVE your allegations. More often than not, witnesses abandon the cause when their jobs are at stake.

Agree, you can talk to a lawyer. (need proof)

Is there anyone else you can also list as a reference who would give you a "good" reference & who a prospective employer "might" also call. (not much you can do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back