Prevailing Wages?

J

JWilburn

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am a Salary Employee in my office, but have recently taken over the roll of occasionally laying out points with a GPS system on some prevailing wage job sites. I am still being paid my salary to perform these tasks. Should I be receiving prevailing wage to perform work on job sites that are required to pay prevailing wage?

I am a Salary Employee in my office, but have recently taken over the roll of occasionally laying out points with a GPS system on some prevailing wage job sites. I am still being paid my salary to perform these tasks. Should I be receiving prevailing wage to perform work on job sites that are required to pay prevailing wage?

No, as a salaried employee you're paid to do the work your employer requires you to do.

Should I be receiving prevailing wage to perform work on job sites that are required to pay prevailing wage?

Your prevailing wage is what your employer says it is as long as it's minimum wage or above.

You are free to ask for a raise and stress your experience and duties but if the boss says no, your option is to seek employment elsewhere if you think you are worth more money.

Back