Prevailing Wage NJ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schootche

1- I worked for a contractor who was involved in multiple downtown Improvements as a general and subcontractor. These projects were funded with UEZ grants and other state funds.

2- The contractor was singled out for one specific job and a fined by the state. The contractor is appealing the fine.

3- Contractors defense is that the city, whose mayor at the time was a member of the UEZ board and UEZ 2nd generation loan committee, told them that prevailing wage did not apply. The business owners would acquire private funding for the construction and rehabilitation and that the existing loans would then be bought out with the grants and other funding.

4- I was told on more than one occasion that we had a budget and we were not to exceed it, but were to use it all.

5- I have since spoken to other contractors and union business agents that have told me that the work from now on will be at the prevailing rate.

6- I would like to know what possible actions may be taken on my behalf.

A- Against the contractor?
B- Against the city?
c- Against the former mayor?
D- Against the Business owners?
E- Against the Banks that provided the private funds?
F- Against the other agencies involved?

It seems to me that all the above conspired to misuse government funds and commit fraud and theft on the people who actually preformed the labor.

It also seems to me that there is a possible RICO case that could be filed and feel most certainly would be if the scam were perpetrated by a individual not affiliated with government.

The best advice you can get here is for you to seek the advice of an experienced attorney in your town to take on these individuals and companies that you suspect are misrepresenting themselves and misusing public funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back