Pregnant wife moved state

C

Cavcav2

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I was married in Michigan and the baby was conceived in Michigan, can she just up and leave? This has caused me deep emotional distress. Please help me

She's an adult regardless of her state of health, so I'd have to say yes.

I was married in Michigan and the baby was conceived in Michigan, can she just up and leave? This has caused me deep emotional distress. Please help me

If she's PREGNANT, the child is but a growing fetus.
Once the child is born, there are remedies available to you.
I suggest you speak with a Michigan attorney about any remedies the Michigan court might be able to dispense, regarding the living, breathing child.

As regards your wife, the legal remedy would appear to be DIVORCE.
As regards the child, visitation, custody, and child support would appear available to BOTH of you.

However, six months of doing NOTHING can cause you to lose any remedies Michigan courts MIGHT be able to dispense.

See a lawyer TODAY, as with most things, time is of the essence.

Why couldn't she leave? Wives are not property. Neither her married nor pregnant status negates her ability to live where she chooses. Couples split up everyday, and some couples choose to maintain multiple residences. If you wish to change your living arrangement, you need to talk to your wife, but be mindful that you have no legal right to force her to live as you prefer.

Until you establish yourself as "legal Father" you can do nothing. Once you do this (after child's birth) you can seek solutions.

Back