Power of attorney in divorce

J

jmay345

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
My ex husband and I were divorced over 10+ years ago. I was awarded half his his Union Annuity. Needless to say I never received it. The judge finally awarded me Power of Attorney. I gave the Union the Order from Judge. They are stalling and now asking for my divorce papers and other documents. I am afraid they are giving my ex the opportunity to sign out his annuity. Is there a way to force them to take action? Or how do I I get them to forward me the information and stop my ex from pulling out that money?

Did you send them the divorce papers & other documents they require?

My ex husband and I were divorced over 10+ years ago. I was awarded half his his Union Annuity. Needless to say I never received it. The judge finally awarded me Power of Attorney. I gave the Union the Order from Judge. They are stalling and now asking for my divorce papers and other documents. I am afraid they are giving my ex the opportunity to sign out his annuity. Is there a way to force them to take action? Or how do I I get them to forward me the information and stop my ex from pulling out that money?

Many financial institutions don't honor a POA.
There's no legal requirement that anyone or anything honor a POA.
The judge should have given you a COURT ORDER.

The judge should have given you a COURT ORDER.

Good point, that passed me right by.

Seems very odd that there was no order. POA? Never heard of something like that unless the OP is confused by what the court ordered.

I suggest she sit down with an attorney who deals with divorce and family law to discuss her situation in detail.

Good point, that passed me right by.

Seems very odd that there was no order. POA? Never heard of something like that unless the OP is confused by what the court ordered.

I suggest she sit down with an attorney who deals with divorce and family law to discuss her situation in detail.

Frankly, just when I thought I had read the worst thing that ever happened to anyone, or the dumbest thing any human being could do, I'm amazed that someone manages to surpass that ten fold!!!

Yikes!

Back