Posting pictures to internet of minor without parent or guardian consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsys

I hope I am posting this in the correct area.

I recently found out that my son's aunt has pictures posted of my son, whom is 2.5 yrs old. She has done this without permission of me or of my son's mother. Last year she was told she could not post any pictures or even take pictures of our son. I have request her to remove the pictures but she has not done that yet. The pictures are not offensive, do not contain nudity or anything like that. They are just normal every day pictures that she took without permission.

Is this legal of her to have these pictures posted without our permission? If it is not, what can I do? Yes, the pictures are on Facebook and I have reported it to Facebook, with no reply or action taken.

I feel my child's picture should not be anywhere unless I or his mother has put them there or has given permission to have them put there.

What can I do?

Nope. Not much for you to do here. There is nothing wrong with taking photos of a family member. No permission required.
What you could do, if you choose, is restrict her access to the child. She has no visitation rights. If she doesn't want to respect your wishes then don't give her access to the child.

No, Facebook does not have to, and likely won't take any action on this.

Is there some problem with a proud aunt posting pictures of a nephew?

While I understand you might want to control such access, it seems flattering that the aunt might take such an interest as to post pictures of her relatives.

As mightymoose commented, about all you can do is restrict access to your son. But, is this something that is really worth a family feud over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back