Possible Parental Alienation

Bear756

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I am wondering how legal it is for an abusive father to take 1 child away from their mother and their other sibling, and not allow either the mother or any of the children to even talk to each other for months, and then file for divorce and full custody. How likely is it that he will get away with this? He has a very good attorney, who just believes everything he says.

There is no way any of us can tell you how "likely" anything is in your case. You say he has a very good attorney, so you're going to want a very good attorney as well.

He has a very good attorney, who just believes everything he says.

Step 1: You make an appointment with three family law attorneys.

Step 2: You decide which attorney you want to retain.

Step 3: You contact the attorney and hire her/him.

Step 4: You pay the "BETTER" attorney, and he/she will represent you against his "very good" attorney.

Step 4A: If you don't have the funds to hire that "BETTER" attorney, pay her what you can, and request that she get the rest from your "soon to be former" spouse. No need to fret about HOW she'll do that, she KNOWS how!

Step 5: Make sure your "BETTER" attorney knows what your "soon to be former" spouse is doing with one of your children. That way she can rapidly seek a remedy.

Step 6: Wait patiently while justice grinds to an amicable solution.

I am wondering how legal it is for an abusive father to take 1 child away from their mother and their other sibling, and not allow either the mother or any of the children to even talk to each other for months, and then file for divorce and full custody.

The law does not have anything to say about the living arrangement of married persons and their children. There's nothing illegal about what you described.

How likely is it that he will get away with this?

Get away with what? As I mentioned, there's nothing illegal about what you described. If you're asking us to predict the outcome of the numerous issues involved in the divorce of these people, about whom we know almost nothing, no one here can do that intelligently.

He has a very good attorney, who just believes everything he says.

OK. She she should also hire a very good attorney.

Who are you in this scenario?

Step 6: Wait patiently while justice grinds to an amicable solution.
The *only* correction I would suggest to your post would be to remove the word "amicable". Justice will grind to a solution, but it is rarely amicable.

The *only* correction I would suggest to your post would be to remove the word "amicable". Justice will grind to a solution, but it is rarely amicable.

Remove it from what? None of the 5 posts in the thread prior to yours used that word.

LOL

Humans eventually learn to "grin and bear" it, mate.

Some might say, humans also learn to "grab their ankles, bend over, and prepare for a vigorous reaming".

I am wondering how legal it is for an abusive father to take 1 child away from their mother and their other sibling, and not allow either the mother or any of the children to even talk to each other for months, and then file for divorce and full custody. How likely is it that he will get away with this? He has a very good attorney, who just believes everything he says.

Generally during marriage, both parents have custody so one parent can take another child and the other can't really do much about it. It seems the father has already been successful since he took the child and has now filed for divorce and sole custody.

Of course his attorney will listen to him - that's what his attorney is being paid to do. Defend him. That's generally how it works when one hires an attorney.

Who are you in this situation?

Of course his attorney will listen to him - that's what his attorney is being paid to do. Defend him. That's generally how it works when one hires an attorney.
A good question to ask in this situation is whether or not the attorney knows that s/he is being told falsehoods by his/her client. If the attorney KNOWS s/he is being lied to, then it may change things, but if the attorney has no reason to believe what s/he is being told is false, then they attorney is not acting improperly.

Back