Possible Hire Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

2006vette

I reside in the state of Florida and I have applied for an Administrative Assistant position (just to give a little background). I have been doing this type of employment for at least 38 years of my life and feel that I am qualified for the position that is available. At this company, I was employed to do training for a call center that they have, but unfortunately, I could not retain what they requested. I worked for a total of 2.5 days and because of this previous employment with them, I was informed by one of the HR people, that I may not be able to be hired for an Administrative Assistant as they have a policy that they cannot rehire anyone. Unfortunately, I did not record this conversation, so it is their word against mine. I feel that this is dicriminitating against me for a position that I can do vs. one I could not. Not everyone is capable of doing every job. Please assist me to get an answer to my dilemna.

Thank you.

What do you mean, you could not retain what they requested? Please clarify.

FYI, discrimination based on previous employment is legal.

cbg,

There was a script that was to be used to business owners to utilize their program to save them money. I got nervous with the trainer and could not retain what the instructor wanted me to. Does this answer your question?

Yes, it does, thank you.

That is a perfectly legal and valid reason to fire you.

Agree, in at-will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (examples - religion, gender, race....) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

It is also legal not to hire you back in a different role. It is also not an uncommon policy, especially when the reason for ending the previous employment was for cause/initiated by the employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back